Tuesday, January 3, 2017

DiScLoSuRe

     I've known several people throughout my life thus far that write in all capital letters; the most prominent among them being my dad. I find it very interesting that for some people, writing in capital letters feels appropriate as their unique handwriting and unconsciously caps-locked font work together to give an acute impression of the writer. But as for myself, WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS NEVER WORKED OUT FOR ME. It would either come off as too serious, too passionate, or the letters would fluctuate in size. 




     That may be my greatest reluctance in writing a blog. Handwriting is such a beautiful and diverse form of art in which every individual is the master of their own style. How can you capture those fundamental slips of the hand, smudges of lead or particular letter slant, where inconsistency is, to a minimal degree, consistent? Nevertheless, the brilliance of a written language will suffice, as every literate soul can recognize these complex combinations of obscure lines as letters within words within sentences wrought from ideas.

🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬



2 comments:

  1. So true handwritten poems, stories and thoughts can be seen in such better light when the font or style influences how the reader reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked that you just kind of let your feelings out on the page. I also agree that handwriting is, and still should be, an expression of one's personality.

    ReplyDelete