Monday, January 9, 2017

Ghosting


I am a ghost whose labors are attributed to angels

A ghost who pities a forsaken world and its inhabitants

A ghost who stays just a while longer

A ghost who’s become addicted to touching lives, pushing where necessary

A ghost who battles those spirits which hasten death for amusement

A ghost who draws out disease, taps your car brakes, nudges bullets

A ghost who sleeps in the brief peace of having sunlight glaze half the world in warmth

I am a ghost of near-misses and painted skies
🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬




7 comments:

  1. I like this a lot especially the title "ghosting" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the emotion and feeling behind this

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you used a ghost to portray feelings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was amazing. I really loved the line that said,"A ghost who draws out disease, taps your brakes, nudges bullets." I really loved the last two comparisons. I remember doing that assignment and my ghost was a lot more depressed than yours. I like the goodness that you put into it and I am glad that I chose this one to read. Thanks for sharing your insight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap Shannon!!!! This is flipping beautiful, and deep, and so so so so so great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This poem is incredible, it has a very intense feeling. You write with so much emotion I am OBSESSED.

    ReplyDelete
  7. one word... WOW. That should be turned into a story or something! I'd read that so fast. Very very awesome.

    ReplyDelete